Beautiful Books: Where I Share My Secrets to Writing

Sunday, November 15, 2015
bb-redone

Did you know that Cait is doing this awesome NaNo blogger thing? With Sky. So I decided to do this! Even though my story is an unofficial NaNo. (I can't do NaNo officially since I'll be using my iPad to write. Haha. Bus rides are good for writing. You get my meaning?)

Is the book turning out how you thought it would be, or is it defying your expectations?

Defying my expectations. My Novel is this wild child who makes lots of sexual references. I have been loving writing it. It's awesome because Trixie is just insane and weird. I get to write these awesome lines. Have you seen my snippets?

What’s your first sentence (or paragraph)?
"Hey, McLaughan," she called, "dare me to skinny dip?"
This just shows you how awesome Trixie is.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? Have you ever tried both methods and how did it turn out?
A bit of both. My entire second chapter, which I am working on, is all on the seat of my pants. I have tried planning, but it doesn't always work.

What do you reward yourself with after meeting a goal?
I'm not sure. I don't?

What do you look for in a name? Do you have themes and where do you find your names?
I make up names. I have characters name Ravenda and Dyvian. But I just try out names. Trixie was just the perfect name. And McLaughan sounded nice. 

What is your favourite to write: beginning, middle, or end -- and why?
All the above? I'm kidding. I like the end. It's fun. Especially if I know the ending and you don't.

Who’s your current favourite character in your novel?
Trixie! She's so much fun. She's nice and hilarious. And awkward. And awesome.
 
What kind of things have you researched for this project, and how do you go about researching? (What’s the weirdest thing you’ve researched?!)
I don't research for contemporary novels? I mean, I might search up things about Las Vegas or the Loneliest Road, but that's all. Haha. (Written before I did some research)
An update! I actually did some stuff for the Loneliest Road, and it's pretty cool. I'd love to go down the road. And if you get some stamps from certain cities, or mini towns really, you can get a 'I survived' sort of thing. Anyone wanna go with me?

Do you write better alone or with others? Do you share your work or prefer to keep it to yourself?
Alone. I hate being with others in general. I'm antisocial. I like to share my work and get feedback but nothing else. Loners FTW!

What are your writing habits? Is there a specific snack you eat? Do you listen to music? What time of day do you write best? Feel free to show us a picture of your writing space!
Uh...no. I don't have habits. I just write. Without an snack or whatever. Or I do eat. Who cares about food, right? I don't listen to music, though. It's distracting to me. And I can write in a loud coffee shop or in the comfort of my own home. I don't care. I'm easygoing like that.

No comments :

Post a Comment