Introducing Pamela from A Writer's Tales

Sunday, January 31, 2016
Guest of the Month Club is hosted by Emily Reads Everything. Go check her out!

Today, I'm introducing Pamela. Give her a warm welcome!

Hi everyone! I'm Pamela, and I blog at A Writer's Tales :) 2015 was a year of awesome books, and like every year, there were a lot I couldn't get to. And 2016 releases or just making my TBR list grow. *sigh* Regardless of the frustration, there is a lot of excitement as well! BECAUSE BOOKS! These are 5 books I can't to read this year.

Shadow Study, by Maria V. Snyder

It came out last year, and I can't properly express how surprised I was that the author was resuming the Study series. I met Yelena and Valek, two awesome, kickass characters  back in 2013, when I read the first three books. Then, just because I couldn't stop thinking about the just, amazing world-building, I continued with the spin-off series. And now I get to see Yelena and Valek again! I've been told it's really good, so I really can't wait!

Soldier, by Julie Kagawa

:3 There are DRAGONS, do we really need another explanation?

Their Fractured Light, by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Beautiful cover. Check. Awesome authors. Check. Awesome Premise. Check. No-brainer for me as well after having read the two previous books. These two ladies are in my will-read-anything-they-write list.

Air Awakens, by Elise Kova

I've been hearing a lot about thise series and I love how it sounds, and plus, the covers are really beautiful. I know, I have a thing for beautiful covers, but really! For a while drawn characters were replaced by the girl's face with strange expression trope in YA books, and from time time it's good to see a different kind of design :)

Cinder, by Marissa Meyer

I always talk about how much I've been wanting to start the Lunar Chronicles. You'll be pleased to know that I finally got the first book, Cinder, and will be reading it soon! All the hype around Winter, and Stars Above has gotten me in the fairy tale mood so I guess this one will be next after I finish the one I'm currently reading.
Honorable Mentions!

  • ​Truthwhich, by Susan Dennard
  • Glass Sword, by Victoria Aveyard
  • Passenger, by Alexandra Bracken
  • Undeniably Chosen, by Shelly Crane
And basically a whole lot of other 2nd books that 2016 has in store, like The Mirror King, by Jodi Meadows, and 2nds I haven't gotten to yet, like Ice Like Fire, by Sara Raasch.

No comments :

Post a Comment