Love-a-thon 2016 Introduction

Saturday, February 20, 2016

2016 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon
Dates: February 20, 12AM EST – February 22, 12AM EST
Hosted by: Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) & Mel (The Daily Prophecy)

Please note none of these pictures are mine.

Displaying loveathon.pngWhat’s your name? Wren

Where in the world are you blogging from? US of A. Or my imagination.

How did you get into blogging in the first place? Truthfully? I got into it for free books. I stayed for the community. Simply put.

How did you come up with your blog name? I love this anime called Hetalia. And my favorite character is Romano the tomato lover. So I named my blog in honor of him. And I also love tomatoes.




What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? YA in general. Specifically fantasy and Sci-fi and darker contemporary.

What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I do some stuff related to Dungeons and Dragons (Rogues Read Books Too.) and a podcast now (my Tomato Talks discussions. The recordings sound goddy awful, though.) And I have the Schardas Family Fun Time. Which relates Bardugo, Schwab, and Maas characters. I made this up with Mishma from Chasing Faerytales. And In Another World which relates my characters to books. 

Best blogging experience so far? Oh my gosh... Um...I went to BookCon 2015. So that was fun. And not really blogging...um... I don't know!

Favorite thing about the blogging community? Everyone is so kind and supportive! I love it! There's always a smile and a hug when I'm down.

Minions demonstrating kindness.

Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! This Savage Song. Crooked Kingdom. The Raven King. A Gathering of Shadows. Gemina. 

Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! Air Awakens. (And I curse the library because they don't have it!) The Revelation of Gabriel Adam. Beautiful Music for Ugly Children. Shadows. The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting.

What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? The Archived. The world is unique. And the characters are amazing.

10929432 

Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Erm... I think Kady from Illuminae and I would get around swell. And be snarky all day. Yay.


Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? VICTOR VALE. -flops around aimlessly- he's so agggghh 


Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
Cinder from 'Cinder' would be our mechanic. To fix all the cars so we could ride in style.
Kady and Ezra from 'Illuminae' (inseparable. So they count as one) would be the power couple. Kady would provide sassy commentary while Ezra fought.
Victor Vale from 'Vicious' would be the torturer. We all need one, guys. He'd fight for us and be all sadistic and antihero and awesome. Plus, he's like...walking laughing gas.
Nina from 'Six of Crows' would be another fighter/healer person. Duh. And she'd use her charm to get us out of trouble.
Thorne from 'Cinder' would be there for laughs and laughs alone.


Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I like anime. And I also like welcome to night vale. I try to draw. And I sometimes write.

Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Uh...jackets. I adore jackets. 

At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your
 song. What song would be playing? Here by Aleissa Cara. My song. Or Stressed Out. Haha.



Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. Six of Crows! It'd be amazing as a show!


What would your dream library look like? Lots of books. And one of those sliding ladders. And elevators. And it's a huge mansion. With comfy chairs and a cafe. And free WiFi. And a cat petting area. And beds. I have big dreams. (And hilariously adore small living. Hahahaha.)

Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? Victoria Schwab! I'd love to pick her brain. And she's partly British. So the tea is a must.

No comments :

Post a Comment