Top Ten Best Anime Openings

Thursday, February 18, 2016
I love anime. And I thought I should compile a list of my favorite anime OPs (openings.) These are my favorite songs that I rock to, and the show itself has nothing to do with this list. Even if some of my favorite shows make this list, it means their OP is amazing!
Let's get started.
Please note that I have NO CLUE what I'm talking about musically. I just ordered them in the order of what I liked and tried my best to explain why.

1) Noragami's "Hello Sleepwalkers" by Okinawa



Okay. I always spout love for this show. And it's amazing. But the catchy theme is one of my favorite parts of Noragami. It's a good song with a catchy beat that makes me want to dance.


2) RWBY "Time to Say Goodbye" by Jeff Williams 



It's so hard to choose one RWBY opening that is my favorite. I love all of them. Sure, they might take some getting used to, but, in the end, I never skip over them. But this one is the best. For me, it's the epitome of RWBY themes. It's catchy and is fast-paced.

3) Noragami Aragato "Hey Kids" by The Oral Cigarettes


Listen here! And apologies for  the blurry picture...

Yet another entry for my favorite series! I adore this song. At first, it took some getting used to, but I love it now. It's upbeat and gets me into the show. I love  the animation that goes along with it. And the English parts allow me to pitch in my voice to the song. 

4) Guilty Crown "My Dearest" by Koeda and Supercell



Over the years, I have hailed Guilty Crown as the best anime ever. (This has sadly changed with Noragami entering my life. But this show is still amazing.) The visuals are amazing. The story is fantastic. The characters capture humanity and the struggles within. And the music is AMAZING. A good five or so songs from this show are on my anime playlist on my phone. And it's hard to garner a place on my phone. It takes chops. This theme is full of amazing sounds, and Inori's voice is gorgeous. Not to mention the lyrics. A fantastic song.

5) Tokyo Ghoul "Unravel" by TK from Ling Toshite Sigure


If you think that this is an action sequence song, you're wrong. It starts off pretty soft then cranks up the noise. Its lyrics really do capture the show, and the climax of the song really is great. I love watching the animation as well. It's a masterpiece of art and music. 


6) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood "Again" by Yui



This song was really there for me in a tough part of my life. So it had to make this list. The moment when Winry covers her eyes with her arm is honestly something I've done a lot. The fast pace with moments of slower lyrics keeps you singing along.


7) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion "Colors" by FLOW



To me, this song kinda seems ironic since this show is all about the gray morals of humanity. But still. The animation is pretty awesome. At first, you think it's gonna be all fast-paced, but the song slows down and lets you savor its awesomeness.

8) Sword Art Online "Crossing Fields" by Lisa



While I am not a fan of SAO, I've got to give this show credit for its OP. It's a wonderful music experience. The lyrics effectively capture the show, and Lisa's voice is so amazing. Her held notes are great. (I'm not good at analyzing music. See?) The opening notes always get me pumped for the delightful experience.

9) Ouran High School Host Club "Cherry Blossom Kiss" by Chieko Kawabe



This adorable song is so catchy and uplifting. The lyrics are cute and sweet. They really work for this shoujo romance anime. And with all the boys, you can't know who Haruhi will end up with.

10) Stein;s Gate "Hacking to the Gate" by Kanako Ito, Chiyomaru Shikura, and Isoe Toshimichi



I don't think I've actually met someone who has seen this anime. But you should. It's so amazing. The plot and characters really take ahold of you. After that plug, I should talk about the song now.
This OP is all digital sounding, and it's lovely because of it. I listen to this and give in to my inner geek. (Trust me, we all have it.) The song matches the anime perfectly. It's really short, but I still adore it.

What anime OPs do you think should have made my list? What anime OPs do you like? Tell me in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment