Totally Quotable: Sunday Street Team 'Beyond the Red'

Sunday, March 13, 2016
FullSizeRender-5

25898435Beyond the Red

Author: Ava Jae
Release Date: March 1, 2016
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
Get it Here: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Book Depository

Alien queen Kora has a problem as vast as the endless crimson deserts. She’s the first female ruler of her territory in generations, but her people are rioting and call for her violent younger twin brother to take the throne. Despite assassination attempts, a mounting uprising of nomadic human rebels, and pressure to find a mate to help her rule, she’s determined to protect her people from her brother’s would-be tyrannical rule.

Eros is a rebel soldier hated by aliens and human alike for being a half-blood. Yet that doesn’t stop him from defending his people, at least until Kora’s soldiers raze his camp and take him captive. He’s given an ultimatum: be an enslaved bodyguard to Kora, or be executed for his true identity—a secret kept even from him.

When Kora and Eros are framed for the attempted assassination of her betrothed, they flee. Their only chance of survival is to turn themselves in to the high court, where revealing Eros’s secret could mean a swift public execution. But when they uncover a violent plot to end the human insurgency, they must find a way to work together to prevent genocide.

I have put together a short list of five AWESOME quotes from BTR. Enjoy!

"I am Avra, and an Avra never bends."
Page 25
I really love this quote because it shows you Kora's resilience. And she will do anything for her people. I love how much it shows about her. 
And this quote also how the society is built. The leader is stone. The leader is power. The leader is resilient and unmovable.

"Yes, I want to say. How crazy of me, to walk in here, dress up as a slave, and serve you water. I don't know what I was thinking." 
Page 174
This quote is just so sarcastic. I love it! I'm a huge fan of sarcasm. (Not that I'm good at using it in real life... Haha. My brand of sarcasm is vague. And my humor is dark. Fun times, people.) 

"I am fire. I am the suns."
Page 201
This description is amazing. Not that I'm implying I like romance. (No, my stance on romance is firm still.) I am a huge fan of using short phrases and descriptions in my writing. And this quote is the same style as mine. So, yes, I do love this quote

"We'll be with you wherever the stars reach, Esta said, but all I see is empty shadow."
Page 231
This quote is just so beautiful. I love how poetic it is. And the lack of hope seen in Eros's words... It pulls a heart-string. 

"Emptiness feels like a living thing. A parasite growing in the center of your chest, somewhere behind your heart, taking every ounce of warmth and light and happiness and consuming it until there's nothing left. Emptiness feels like exhaustion, like there's no reason to fight, no reason to take another breath, no reason to try to survive.
"But emptiness also feels like freedom. Because it doesn't just take the good, it takes the bad, too--the anger, the bitterness, the pain--and when it's done, it leaves you with just you. A cold, shell-like echo of yourself, but still you."
Page 231
Gosh. How relatable can that quote get? People feel like this every day. I feel like this sometimes. Once, I wanted to be an emotionless robot. Seriously. And putting this into words...amazing.

No comments :

Post a Comment